Thursday, December 4, 2008

Paper Planes

Pitchfork is, like, really excited about this year's "surprisingly relevant" Grammy nominations but aside from a few names on the list, it's the usual boring middle-of-the-road dreck. Duffy, Adele, and Jonas brothers are up for Best New Artist and if that doesn't sum it up perfectly, I don't know what will.

Some of my favorites are nominated for awards: Robyn is up for Best Electronic/Dance Album, Rufus Wainwright got a nod for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album, and Radiohead was nominated for several awards including Album of the Year, Best Rock Song, and Best Alternative Music Album.

I wonder whether - if M.I.A. wins Record of the Year for "Paper Planes" - the terrorists will have won by proxy. Totally kidding. I'm not a huge fan but I think it'd be pretty cool if she won it. She's anything but boring. And she's not Adele. Or Duffy.

Watch "Paper Planes":

No comments: